CityROCK offers climbing programs for kids ages 2 and up. Our curriculum introduces kids of all levels to the exciting and challenging world of climbing through games, circuits, and balance and agility exercises in an enjoyable and engaging environment. In addition to basic motor skills involved with climbing, our programs help children develop confidence, teamwork, communication, and the ability to solve problems.
We offer free trials for all our classes – please call at least 24 hours ahead to make sure the class is available.
For more information contact Tilde or call 719-634-9099
First steps to the top
Description: This class is designed to introduce basic climbing concepts to the younger climbers. Instructors in this one hour long class will accompany the students through a learning process that incorporates fun games and climbing activities.
Ages: 4 – 7
Days: Monday – Thursday
Time: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM -or-
5:15 PM – 6:15 PM -or-
5:35 PM – 6:35 PM
Cost: $69/month – Membership included
The Club Program
Fun and Focused Instruction
Description: The goal of The Club is to develop each climber’s technique, skills and strength so he/she can climb confidently in a variety of situations. Club will have a socially motivated sub-group and a training motivated sub-group at each practice and climbers can identify which is the better fit.
- Beginner and Intermediate climbers who want a fun atmosphere to learn climbing technique
- Interested in improving their climbing through training and fun activities
- Able to receive and process feedback
Days: Monday – Thursday
Time: 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
Cost: Once a week $129/month – Pick one practice day
Twice a week $149/month – Pick two practice days
Sign up for Club Outdoor Days!
Description: While competitions are not required, participants will benefit from building a competitive mind set through a rigorous training program designed to prepare them for competitions up to the national level.
- Selected by coaches to participate on the team
- Progressing in their climbing using our rigorous “technique before strength” curriculum
- Committed to practice 2 or 3 days/week with homework while thriving in life’s other responsibilities
Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM Tuesday and Thursday
Cost: $189/month – Twice a week(Tues & Thurs only)
$219/month – Three times a week
Team CityROCK Junior
Description: For kids under 9 years of age who want to focus on climbing training and have the competitive mind set
Coach invitation required.
Ages: 9 and under
Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Time: 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Cost: $169/month – Twice a week
Description: Climbing for the most courageous kids! Yellow Team is designed for kids with physical, emotional, social, and/or cognitive developmental challenges who are eager to try something new. Volunteers provide climbers with one-on-one coaching to help overcome individual challenges and promote skill development. Yellow Team aims to build self-confidence and life skills.
Parents and siblings are welcome to join in the fun.
Please contact Viktoriya for more information.
Ages: 3 - 15
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Cost: $30 membership included
Want to try a class?
Join us for a free trial of a youth program!
Our Boulders and Club programs offer a trial day to “try out” a class! It’s an opportunity to see if our classes are a good fit for your young climber, free of charge.
Please contact Tilde or call 719-634-9099 if you are interested!
CityROCK Instructional Program Guidelines
- All youth programs come with a membership. The membership includes climbing any time the gym is open. Please take advantage of this to practice your skills you learn in class!
- CityROCK's goal is to keep classes running whenever possible.
- Because most of our classes are in the afternoon, we don’t follow any school district cancellation policy. Instead, we will assess the weather and road conditions during periods of winter weather and will make a decision by 12 pm.
- Some people feel more comfortable than others driving in winter weather and conditions can vary greatly within the city. If we decide to hold classes, please use your best judgement on joining us.
- If a cancellation is made, we will attempt to contact parents or students by phone or email and will post on Facebook.
- Make-ups are only available for Boulders and Club. No make-ups are available for Yellow Team or Team CityROCK.
- For Boulder’s classes the Make up days are available only on Mondays and Wednesday at 5:15 pm, and for each class we will have only 2 spots available. To schedule your make up lesson, sign up on the make-up sheet hanging outside the CLIMBarium. Please make sure to speak with your coach first.
- For Club it is the responsibility of the student/parent to schedule make-up lessons; unscheduled make-ups are not allowed. To schedule a make-up class, please give the gym previous notice that you are missing your regular class on a specified date, and give us a minimum of 24-hours notice before attending the make-up.
- Make-ups are available only during similar classes that are currently running.
- Make-ups cannot be carried over from one session to the next one (sessions go from the 5th of the month to the 4th of the next month) unless the missed class is the last one before the end of the session. In this case you can have one more week for a make-up.
Refunds and Payments
- No refunds, full or partial, will be given for classes missed and not made up during the session.
- For EFT (automatic recurring payment) members: If you do not notify us that you want to end your class/membership by the first of the month, you will be enrolled in the next session and responsible for payments. Arrangements can be made for pre-approved absences of more than two weeks or in special situations.
Expectations of Climbers
- We expect that climbers in our programs will:
- Follow all rules and policies of CityROCK – see the front desk for a copy.
- Be respectful and courteous to coaches, other participants, and other climbers in the gym.
- Be aware that you are an example to climbers and you should act accordingly.
- Wear your shirt to all practices (replacement shirts available for $10).
- Show up on time to all practices, ready to participate physically and mentally.
- Communicate any issues or questions you have regarding your climbing or billing with coaches.